Salesforce Service Cloud Data Archive: How to Improve Data Search Quality & Agent Productivity?
Salesforce’s flagship solution Service Cloud is the #1 customer service application that has been helping leading B2B & B2C service providers manage their customer queries efficiently. Service Cloud has been pivotal in enabling service agents to resolve customer cases faster with a complete customer view. This also includes engaging customers with portals & communities & delivering highly personalized support across multiple digital channels including messaging, chat & social.
With Service Cloud, customer-service focused enterprises achieve 48% faster case resolution, 47% improved agent productivity & 45% enhanced customer satisfaction. Delivering a high-quality customer service requires all the customer data in your deck. Relevant data helps you understand your customers, their needs, preferences & personalize your customer support to achieve better results.
What does a Service Agent require to maintain the highest customer service standards?
- Search cases & get all the details related to customers
- All related information like email history, tasks to be viewed in the Service Console
- Customer 360 overview required to offer superior customer support
However, storage limitation is one of the biggest challenges that Service Cloud customers and service agents face in order to have a complete view of the customer with related data. Let’s have a look at the challenges that Service Cloud customers are facing today while dealing with a massive volume of data in their system.
- Limited storage: Like any other Salesforce app, in order to maintain the platform performance, Service Cloud comes with limited data storage & often users run out of it.
- High additional costs: Going for additional storage space is highly expensive as any extra storage comes with a significantly high price.
- Performance degradation: In order to resolve customer queries faster, service agents need a high performing system, but excessive data load makes the system slow & getting the customer data becomes time-consuming.
- Slower data search: Data growth makes the system slow & it becomes extremely frustrating for service agents to search for relevant information fast in order to help customers with their queries. As customer interaction happens in real-time, this becomes even more challenging.
- Service agent productivity: When the system performance degrades, service agents take more time in addressing one customer case. This results in addressing fewer cases at the end of the shift. This significantly impacts the overall productivity.
What are the common archival needs of Service Cloud customers?
In order to control the data usage & storage costs, leading Service Cloud customers have adopted strategic data archival approaches to maintain high service performance & agent productivity. If we see the common archival needs of Service Cloud users, we can categorize them into three parts: Archive, View & Restore.
- Set 3-5 years old customer cases
- Archive only ‘closed’ or ‘canceled’ cases
- Exempt certain cases from archiving
- Ability to see archived cases in Service Console
- Seamlessly search archived cases & get all the details
- Showcase case history, case comments, email, tasks, etc.
- Ensure archived data is visible as per sharing rules
- Restore specific cases when needed
- Restoring ability must be controlled
- Ensuring all the related case information to be restored
- Any encrypted data to be restored
- No automated process to be applied to the restored data (Process Builder/Workflows etc.)
Support for ServiceMax Data Archive
ServiceMax is a field service management tool for enterprises that offer customer services to improve asset uptime with highly optimized in-person or remote service, boost field service agent productivity with the latest mobile devices & knowledgebase for efficient decision making.
ServiceMax customers need archival solutions to manage massive datasets (customer cases, tasks, case activity, work orders, Q&A, etc.) that they deal with in order to keep their Org health in check and maintain the high productivity of their ServiceMax agents.
Archive Service Cloud Data with DataArchiva
DataArchiva is a native data archiving solution for Salesforce that helps Service Cloud users archive their old cases, tasks, email messages, field items, etc. to Big Objects without losing the data integrity & helps them retain data with 100% accessibility. The solution also helps Service Cloud users reduce over 85% of data storage costs and maintain application performance which eventually helps service agents enhance productivity with all the customer data in their hands.
The solution comes with a bunch of other features including auto-archival, criteria-based archival, maintaining the parent-child relationship, archived data encryption, on-demand restoration, etc. Additionally, if you want to archive your data to any external database such as Postgres, Redshift, Oracle, Mysql etc., DataArchiva can do this using it’s extended version DataConnectiva. Know more about External Archiving.
Read the story of the world’s #1 hospitality & travel industry service provider & how they archived their Service Cloud data using DataArchiva, which helped them improve their service agents’ performance & address data growth challenges.
Request a demo to find out how DataArchiva can help you reduce your data storage costs, enhance Salesforce app performance & ensure better governance.