If you are a solutions architect with an expansion strategy in mind but don’t know how to mitigate integration challenges in Salesforce, having a multi-org seeding strategy can cater to the best scaling solutions for an amplifying user base.
Over traditional sandbox seeding methods, multi-org or org-to-org (O2O) seeding capabilities provide extra mileage, to overcome a few pertinent shortcomings that downside the enterprise’s possibility to margin growth with Salesforce.
Grossly Salesforce AppExchange offers 7000+ apps to extend your Customer 360 advantage, with 10x faster development sprints, you can test the best, narrowing down the challenges for your Sales reps or service agents, so that they can stay atop, taking the best shots to weave tailor-made customer experience.
Similarly, to reduce the deployment time for our Salesforce backup application, we made some lean adjustments by transforming seeding capabilities org-wide for DataArchiva users.
Unlike Salesforce Sandbox Seeding, org-to-org seeding from DataArchiva entails a new degree of freedom to move data structures securely between environments. It challenges the backup application in working for foster environments to test data operations while supporting customizations to curb your integration challenges in Salesforce.
DataArchiva’s org-to-org seeding capabilities don’t limit your testing capabilities within ‘a’ Sandbox environment. Rather it guides you to mature your integration projects by transmitting the model seeds or switching testing environments from a professional Sandbox to Enterprise-licensed Sandboxes to test & nurture new integration strategies in Salesforce.
Moreover, it memorizes your actions within Salesforce and allows you to transit seeding templates across orgs to standardize the procedures when you are advancing from Salesforce Professional edition to Enterprise edition, easing –
- Deployment of product features tested at an enterprise level
- Actions required to invite transparency in adaptations
- Resolves the complexity of migrating large volumes of data
- Collaboration and cuts down the approval time
- Workflow automation, by predicting how new adjustments will impact production
- Aligning new progress with the existing data landscape
- Sprinting the feedback loop in the development-release cycle
- Automated testing for continuous delivery of updates to make new integrations live
Each org of an assigned Salesforce instance is a customer version of your Salesforce from all your org data and applications. Whether you want to set up a new or configure a new app within your org, it expands the opportunities to sample, seed & expand without having to move the original dataset.
Instead of restricting the mobility of the data only to Salesforce Sandboxes, let’s check how the Org-to-Org (O2O) seeding capability of DataArchiva has transformed the concept into a full-fledged assistant for its data management suite.
From a deterministic approach, we have identified – 5 Competitive Business Advantages of having org-to-org (O2O) seeding over a unidirectional Salesforce Sandbox seeder for your Salesforce.
Org-to-Org (O2O) Seeding
- Process Flow: Multi-directional
Securely transmits data across multiple environments
- Purpose: O2O seeding involves transferring data between two separate Salesforce orgs which can be a production org and a sandbox, or two different Salesforce instances. It is typically used for data migration, and synchronization or data sharing across environments.
- Use Cases: O2O seeding is more versatile and applies mostly to consolidating configurable rules from rules or templates in use when transferring org-wide or seed data to the Salesforce sandbox to prevent innovation downtime.
- Potentially Diverse: It solves more complex challenges in Salesforce and also involves mapping data between potentially different organizational structures and handling various data dependencies, accelerating business growth in Salesforce as a whole.
- Drives Innovation: O2O seeding can rather state a standard process that can facilitate adapting and strategizing new methods of data management, to assess load speed, data processing efficiency, meet data integrity needs and accuracy in configuring new environments in Salesforce
- Process Flow: Uni-Directional
Transmitting data from Salesforce Production org to Developer org
- Purpose: Sandbox seeding specifically involves replicating data from Salesforce production org to a sandbox testing environment to create a realistic and isolated environment by seeding real-time customer data for app development and testing activities.
- Use Cases: Sandbox seeding is ideal for maintaining a consistent and up-to-date data set in a sandbox environment to test new configurations, customizations, or code changes. It helps developers and administrators work with real data without impacting the production org.
- Specific: It is typically less complex, as it involves replicating data from the same org structure (production to sandbox), and is designed for this specific use case.
- Drives Development & Implementation: This practice facilitates a more robust and reliable development process and faster sprint cycles, reducing the likelihood of issues arising during implementation and providing a solid foundation for validating changes and ensuring seamless integration with existing data structures.
Why Have One When You Can Have Many
DataArchiva has developed a compounded approach to provide a comprehensive solution to Salesforce data management and O2O seeding will be the golden stage to transform & adapt to rapid changes for a growing business.
Here are the reasons why –
- Invite Topical Capabilities to Evolve: With DataArchiva shortening the release cycles for its new features, O2O seeding can easily streamline the evaluation of release capabilities with efficiency and precision
- Install & Test: Having O2O capacity with a data management application is a direct advantage. Soon after you install DataArchiva to Salesforce, you can test & decide, whether the application works for your Salesforce.
- Cuts-down One-Whole Communication Cycle: It’s a win-win for both the client side and the service side, as it requires fewer approvals and concessions to source new capabilities into the Salesforce production environment
- Saves Cost: Would you like to have a separate application to seed Salesforce data just to know what DataArchiva is capable of? Sounds expensive right? Hence, O2O or org seeding capabilities is a default feature of our data management that will cruise you through the process reducing the implementation downtime.
- Big Relief During Subscription Renewals: Let’s say currently the installed DataArchiva for ‘n’ number of Salesforce orgs and now the user strength has doubled over the year, with org-to-org seeding you can deduplicate the configuration to the new Salesforce orgs, soon after you purchased the per org permission with DataArchiva.
To understand it a little better, we would suggest visiting this blog to understand how DataArchiva’s org-to-org capability can help transform your Salesforce into a complete data playground.
As it comes as a default feature for DataArchiva’s file, data & meta-data backup application for Salesforce, check out here to know everything about how it can protect your CRM data with data management best practices.
Want more suggestions on how DataArchiva can be a value-add to your business? Schedule a Product Demo today!