Things to consider while choosing the best Salesforce Data Management Platform
Just about every action people perform online, leads to the generation of some or the other form of data. This holds true from the Salesforce marketing perspective as well, which is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it is beneficial to have more data about the customers than ever while on the other hand, there is a perpetual risk of all this data going to waste if it isn’t managed correctly. It is here that Data Management Platforms for the Salesforce system come into play.
Data Management Platforms or DMPs are essentially tech platforms that house and manage significant digital data, especially customer data such as cookie IDs, mobile identifiers, and campaign data, that are generated over a period of time. In addition to collecting an enterprise’s campaign data, these DMPs also help people like marketers and advertisers build customer segments and improve their performance. These segments are usually based on demographic data, past browsing behaviour, location, device, and much more and help in precise targeting during online campaigns.
A DMP is especially useful in the Salesforce ecosystem where multitude of enterprise data is generated on a daily basis. By using DMPs, Salesforce marketers can easily reach their target audience and segment users by sending them personalized messages and analyzing their profiles. This in turn results in an exceptional increase in sales and a significant improvement in marketing results. Some of the popular benefits of DMPs are listed below:
- A DMP essentially unifies all data and breaks down silos bringing all the different data together underneath a single platform. This provides you and your team with a cohesive view of the customers.
- DMPS can greatly help in identifying new audiences and customers. Loaded with useful features like audience extension and lookalike modeling techniques, they let you discover and target new customer groups.
- Constant and continuous results are another benefit of DMPs. They are not one-off reporting solutions, rather platforms that facilitate long-term strategies by way of their constant and continuous reporting.
Correctly selecting the most suitable DMP for your enterprise is highly dependent on the niche of your industry. A right DMP is sure to take your enterprise to greater heights and therefore it becomes crucial to select the accurate DMP. A thorough understanding of your goals and the objective of your platform is essential in finding the best DMP. Here we bring to you the three common metrics for assessing which data management platform will fit your needs:
- Return On Investment– Data management platforms are quite expensive and require a sizable investment. Naturally, expecting a high rate of return is only fair. The best way to assess this ROI is by carefully evaluating the amount of value a DMP will add to the inventory. Some of the metrics that can be considered while measuring this factor include the DMP’s ability to provide enhanced insights into the audience, add structure to the data, and connect different data sources.
- Campaign Optimization– A good DMP should always provide options to optimize the campaigns run by the enterprise and this is one of the important factors that need to be considered. Various metrics like the provision of both manual and automated campaign optimization, ability to identify target audience more suited to buy the product through the campaigns, and ways to reduce excessive campaign spending should be considered while making the choice.
- Data Collection and Organization– Normally a DMP aggregates and properly organizes first-party data, including data acquired from all first-party sources such as CRM, registration lists, online and offline sources, and much more. But the best possible DMP is one which additionally offers access to second-party data inside the platform. These second-party data exchange details should also be initiated by the DMP itself, saving both time and investment. Therefore, these features should also be considered while making a selection.
- Miscellaneous Features– Some of the other necessary attributes that need your attention when making a selection include a user-friendly interface, ease of managing information, ability to manage big data sets, interface usability and accessibility, and ongoing support guarantee. Only when you are sure of these details should you make the final decision.
When it comes to managing big data sets and offering interface usability and accessibility, DataArchiva outshines most of the other data management platforms. DataArchiva is hailed as the only native data archiving solution in the market that seamlessly integrates all the enterprise’s user information and legacy data and archives it in the native big data-based Salesforce storage called ‘Big Objects’. All this happens while ensuring top-notch security, seamless accessibility, 85%+ storage cost reduction, better performance along with data governance. If you want to know more in detail, set up a demo here